Team VFR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Playing

Go down

Winter Playing  Empty Winter Playing

Post  The Flac Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Hey guys i decided to make this because ive played in many winter games and i know alot of you will be playing in your first winter game on December 18th. I made a list of things that i believe is important to bring with during winter play. Please respond and add more or any suggestions you might have.

* First of obvioulsy dress warm. I dont care so much about how you look during winter play and i would rather you wear your BDU pants and whatever keeps you warm up on top. Wear multiple layers. What i do is usually wear some sort of underarmor, then my BDU shirt, then a jacket, and then my airsoft vest. As long as you are wearing your BDU pants they will put you on an appropriate team.

* Next since we are talking about clothes, make sure you have a good pair of WATER PROOF boots. Chances are there is gonna be snow and who knows how high it will be. Rather be safe then sorry on this one.

* Even though its gonna be cold your still going to be running around and getting exhausted. Since this is an all day event you might want to bring some sort of canteen or thermus to keep with you on your vest to drink out of.

* Batteries dont last long in the cold. Whatever your battery use to last is gonna last maybe half the time in the cold. Be prepared and maybe have a spare!

*This one is a MUST.... go to walgreens or menards and pick up those "hot hands" hand warmers. Your gonna need about six of them. They last 8 hours and man do they help. Here is what your are gonna use em for.... put 2 in your pockets to keep your legs warm, put 2 in your breast pocket under your jacket in your BDU's to keep your Chest warm, and finally wrap 2 around the gear box on your gun to make sure your gear box doesnt crack in the cold. Trust me spending 12 bucks or so on hand warmers might save you spending a hundred fixing your gun.
The Flac
The Flac
Admin

https://vfrairsoft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Winter Playing  Empty Re: Winter Playing

Post  The Flac Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Also i forgot to add, since this game is going to be an all day scenario and its probably too cold to have our phones on us, make sure you have your walkie talkie all charged up and ready to go!! Im not running around in the cold to come find you lol, so if you get shot and have to respawn make sure you have a working Walkie to communicate where you need to go.
The Flac
The Flac
Admin

https://vfrairsoft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum