Team VFR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

04/10/11 MAg presents Heat, after action report.

4 posters

Go down

04/10/11 MAg presents Heat, after action report. Empty 04/10/11 MAg presents Heat, after action report.

Post  Johnnyrockets7 Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Well this was my first airsoft game and i had a blast. There were quite a few players, but not to many as to make it hectic. the weather was warm and sunny and i couldn't ask for any better. things seem to take a while to get started or it could of been the excitement i had to play my first game of airsoft. now like i said before i had fun, but there seemed to be quite a few things that sucked. first off was there were no objectives really. take some crates from here go here and you have 15 min. i was interested more in objective based games. another thing that really sucked was the way the teams were split. on one side you had mostly kids with Dick's sporting good special guns, and very few players who had played before. on the other team we had guys who pent thousands of dollars on their equipment and have been playing for a very long time. team vfr seemed to be the only team trying to actually win and fight back while the rest of the team were either calling hits they never received or just quitting because it was to much for them. now i over looked many problems i had with the event because i was trying to have fun, but there was one problem that kind of ruined it for me. players were not calling the hits they were taking. i cant tell you how many times i would see my bb's bouncing off of another players body and they would just duck down and not call it. this was not something that happened once in a while this was every damn game. i understand we only had 3 refs, but it seemed more like 2. there was one ref i remember seeing texting while there was a battle going on in front of him. also this same ref was quite unhelpful,rude,and just an overall jerk. the refs that worked at pb explosion were more helpful and they knew nothing of airsoft. also breech was helpful and a cool guy but that other one was just a buzz kill. overall i had a blast and i have fallen in love with a new sport but from now on i will not be attending open games as much and i hope i never see that other jerk-ass ref again. overall i give the event an 7.5/10
Johnnyrockets7
Johnnyrockets7

Back to top Go down

04/10/11 MAg presents Heat, after action report. Empty Re: 04/10/11 MAg presents Heat, after action report.

Post  The Flac Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Well well i guess its the god fathers turn lol. Im pretty much in agreeance with Johnny on the complaints. This was my first "open game" and probably a good reason why i have always never played them before. The games i usually go to are more tournament based operations games and players play with much more integrity and little kids arent allowed. I guess i would hope that at the very least what everyone got out of it was a small taste of what airsoft COULD be like when its played right. I will list my set of pro's and con's.

Pros
First game with a few people and had a great bonding experience.
You couldnt beat the weather!! 83 and Sun!!
If you like CQB type games this is a beast field for that kinda play.
Staff was very nice and helpful.
Its brand new and clean. I cant stand going to some fields and sitting on old paintballs Twisted Evil

Cons
Kids not calling their hits ...ANNOYING Evil or Very Mad
Teams were off balanced and should have been fixed WAY before hand
Games were too short, but some people like that kinda play style
They needed more refs, usually they use the park refs, i dont know why they didnt
Johnny covered most of this, but that was my 2 cents

In closing even though this game wasnt like any other ive been to before we made some funny memories that we will talk about for awhile Laughing . I prefer a much more "Adult" atmosphere and to be ran more professionaly but to be honest this is a brand new field and its gonna take some time for the more "hardcore" airsofters to get there paws on having some nice games here. Im sure by Mid-summer this field will be having some big type all day operations games that are more up my alley.
The Flac
The Flac
Admin

https://vfrairsoft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

04/10/11 MAg presents Heat, after action report. Empty Re: 04/10/11 MAg presents Heat, after action report.

Post  NL23 Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:33 pm

I definately agree with both Kevin and Johnny regarding yesterdays event at Paintball Explosion/Santas Village regarding the pros and cons, it was my first event as well and it was awesome getting my feet wet and finally experiencing Airsoft and despite the shitty refs except Breech, and the kids that just hit puberty not calling hits as well as some of the old farts with expensive gear not calling hits, I still had a blast and can't wait for the next event, however if there is a forum regarding yesterdays event that we can make suggestions or comments on I think we should all definately mention all the BS/cons.
NL23
NL23

Back to top Go down

Post  The Flac Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Illinoisairsoft.com has the same forum layout and section as this one. There is a section for after action reports also and they are pretty quick to respond to complaints lol might not be the response you want because there are thousands of people that use that site and some might flame you for complaining
The Flac
The Flac
Admin

https://vfrairsoft.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:07 pm

you guys pretty much said everything there was to say but i had a great time expect when we were playing judgement and getting spawn killed. that was annoying. but overall i had a great time
Autumn
Autumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum